Bob Homans July 1
Ukraine – 7/1 Sitrep
Compiled by: Robert Homans
July 1, 2022
I don’t know where Denys is located, but in this video it is possible to hear explosions, one of which, around 11 minutes into the video, appeared to be fairly close to his location. It appears that Ukraine is beginning to use multiple-launch rocket systems against Russian targets. On the map, he shows that one of the targets is around 60km. from likely Ukrainian positions.
Their latest video includes an interview with Solomiia Bobrovska, Deputy Head of Ukraine’s Delegation to NATO, and Charles Kupchan of the U.S. Council on Foreign Relations. Both are well-worth watching:
· As a matter of reference, Snake Island is 42 acres (17 Hectares). Alcatraz, a small island in San Francisco Bay that was once the site of a Federal prison, is 225 acres (91 Hectares).
· Solomiia Bobrovska is another of Ukaine’s “deep bench” of young politicians whom, I hope, will rise to the top when the war is over. Another is Ivan Federov, the Mayor Melitopol.
· Kupchan is concerned about future Congressional support for Ukraine after the U.S. elections in November. As an example, Kupchan cited J.D. Vance, Republican candidate for Senate from Ohio. Vance was once asked about his views on Ukraine. According to Kupchan, Vance replied “I could care less.” If elected, Vance would replace Rob Portman, a Republican, who is one of Ukraine staunchest supporters.
· I am concerned about future defense appropriations for Ukraine, starting in the next Fiscal Year beginning on October 1st. In this regard, I don’t the Biden Administration did Ukraine any favors, by trying to pin our high gasoline prices on Russia. First, gas prices were going up before the invasion started; second, it risks a default reaction that says if Biden is right, that it is Russia’s fault, then let’s force Ukraine to negotiate and possibly cede territory. Ukraine won’t cede any territory and will continue fighting, using partisans if necessary.
Serhii Plokhy Interview/Financial Times (attached)
Plokhy is the Head of the Harvard Ukraine Research Institute (HURI) eminent historian of Ukraine, and a prolific author. His recent interview with the Financial Times is attached. I’ve read 3 of his books, “Gates of Europe” a history of Ukraine, “Chernobyl,” and “Nuclear Folly,” about the Cuban Missile Crisis, where he relied on sources never-before used, that were residing in Ukraine. These included minutes of Soviet Central Committee meetings. The Soviet troops sent to Cuba, the missiles, and the warheads, both came from Ukraine, in the case of the troops, or built there.
7/1 Sitrep (my comments in bold face)
An observation: When I started collating news in February the length of this newsletter varied between 4 and 8 pages. Now it is more than 10.
For me this means that now there is a large cadre of government and businesspeople whose business is the Russian Invasion. Although the public may be getting Ukraine fatigue the international community has a new bone to chew.
Happy Canada Day! To celebrate, earlier today we, along with a well-placed Ukrainian patriot, collaborated on getting two ambulances acquired by a US NGO into Ukraine. It was necessary to obtain registration under a Ukrainian NGO. This is now being facilitated. It is nice to sit in one’s easy chair on a Friday morning, and at the same time do some good. Who knows what will happen on July 4th?
Friday, July 01, 2022
The UN urged to allow humanitarian aid to Kherson and other territories not controlled by the Ukrainian government. Humanitarian coordinator in Ukraine Osnat Lubrany stressed that it is necessary to ensure access to all regions where people need help, as well as to enable civilians to leave the area of hostilities.
Russian media: Nvidia stopped renewing and selling licenses for its cloud gaming software to Russian companies. This causes operational problems of supercomputers of Sberbank, Yandex and MTS, which are based on solutions from Nvidia.
Head of the European Commission: To join the European Union, Ukraine needs to adopt a law on the media, reduce the influence of the oligarchs and appoint top officials to fight corruption
● Europe will not calm down until Ukraine wins this war. I see Ukraine as part of the European family.
● There will be a conference next Monday to discuss the restoration of Ukraine.
CBS: German Chancellor - Russian President Vladimir Putin was preparing for a war with Ukraine “for at least a year” and, therefore, probably, will be able to conduct a protracted full-scale offensive for “a long time.” The question is, after the latest Russian invasion began on Feb. 24th, for purposes of Russia’s planning, including manning, armament requirements, and logistics, did Russia expect Ukraine to last more than 5 days? The answer seems obvious.
Australia imposed sanctions against Alina Kabayeva, Putin’s “significant other,” and Putin’s relatives. The sanctions list included 16 Russian officials and businessmen.
International Energy Agency: For the first time in history, the United States provided the EU with more gas than Russia
Spiegel: Germany, frightened by Putin, is pressing Lithuania to allow transit of cargo under EU sanctions to Kaliningrad. The German authorities fear that this sanction measure may lead to an «escalation of the conflict between Russia and the EU».
Fox News: Pope Francis condemned "armed conquest, expansionism, and imperialism" on Thursday and called Putin's invasion of Ukraine a "cruel and senseless war of aggression.
● Reconciliation among separated Christians, as a means of contributing to peace between peoples in conflict, is a most timely consideration these days, as our world is disrupted by a cruel and senseless war of aggression in which many, many Christians are fighting one another," the Pope told a delegation of Orthodox leaders.
Thursday, June 30
NATO Secretary General: The price we pay by supporting Ukraine is much lower than the price we will pay if we do not support it.
A draft law on the procedure for admitting new territories to the Russian Federation has been submitted to the State Duma. "Acceptance to the Russian Federation as a new subject of a foreign state or part thereof is carried out taking into account the sharing by the majority of citizens of a foreign state or part of the culture of the Russian Federation as a unique heritage of its multinational people" the text of the document says.
Russian Ambassador: Told Bulgarian TV about the possibility of breaking off diplomatic relations due to the mass expulsion of Russian diplomats.
Croatian President: Warned the leaders of the NATO member countries at the summit in Madrid about the danger of destabilizing the situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Financial Times: The US Treasury Department has blocked more than $1 billion worth of assets stored in a Delaware Trust - the department concluded that Russian oligarch Suleiman Kerimov holds funds in this legal entity.
Iran is ready to take part in the work of the corridor for the transportation of grain in the Black Sea, the Foreign Minister said.
● Sky News: NATO Secretary General - Greece is ready to provide ships to help export grain from Ukraine. Meanwhile, Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis says his country "should play a special role in these efforts, as it controls the world's largest merchant fleet."
● 20 Turkish ships are ready to take grain out of Ukraine, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said during a NATO summit in Madrid. “We will continue to ensure the unloading and delivery of products to third countries,” he said.
BFMTV: Macron announced the strengthening of the French military forces in the east of NATO. The Élysée published a map of French military reinforcements in the eastern part of the North Atlantic Alliance.
Russian Foreign Minister: As for relations with the European Union, Russia has not had them since 2014.
British Prime Minister: The Ukrainian authorities have a realistic plan that can change the course of the war this year, - Boris Johnson said after the NATO summit. “I traveled to Ukraine before this series of summits began, precisely to understand what the vision of Zelenskyi and the Ukrainian authorities is. And they do see a way to change the dynamics of the war this year, even in the coming months," he said.
Washington will soon announce a new $800 million military aid package to Ukraine that will include air defense systems, US President Joe Biden said at a briefing following the NATO summit in Madrid.
● Biden said the US and allies will not give insurance for Russian ships for transporting oil to interfere with transportation.
● Putin thought it was possible to destroy the transatlantic alliance. He tried to weaken us, he expected our resolve to collapse, but he got exactly what he didn't want. He wanted the "Finlandization" of NATO, but he got the "Natoization" of Finland
● At the American initiative, more than 50 countries have given Ukraine new pledges to supply weapons
● According to the President of the United States, we are talking about about 140 thousand anti-tank systems, more than 600 tanks, almost 500 artillery systems, more than 600 thousand shells, advanced MLRS, anti-ship systems and air defense.
Shareholders of Rosseti and GAZ groups, following Gazprom and Sberbank, have decided not to pay dividends for 2021, the companies say.
● Gazprom shares collapsed by more than 30% after the decision of the shareholders' meeting to refuse to pay dividends for 2021
● The shareholders of Sberbank, following Gazprom, decided not to pay dividends at the end of 2021, for the first time since 2000, according to the bank's press release. According to Moscow Exchange, the shares of "Sberbank" have already decreased by more than 7%, the decline continues.
President of France: France will give Ukraine six more self-propelled howitzers – CAESAR. According to reports, Ukraine used the French CAESAR howitzers, with an effective range over 25 miles, to bombard Snake Island.
Ministry of Defense: In the so-called 'Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic'" men are being agitated to sign a contract with the Russian Armed Forces. Recruitment announcements are published in all media, distributed in mailboxes and in public places.
Prime Minister: Canada will provide Ukraine with 39 armored personnel carriers and six cameras for installation on unmanned aerial vehicles.
Presidential Spokesman: Putin can go to the G20 summit himself or delegate someone - there is still time, we will make a decision that is in our interests.
The Council of the EU has approved a 40-million-euro assistance package within the framework of the European Peace Fund for the benefit of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Moldova. The new package will complement the €7 million assistance adopted in December 2021, which strengthens the capabilities of the Military Medical Service and the engineering battalion of the Moldovan Armed Forces.
Indonesian President Joko Widodo, who arrived in Moscow, says that he has conveyed Zelenskyi's message to Putin.
Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman: The Russian military is removing weapons and military equipment from storage in the most remote regions of the Russian Federation, such as the Kaliningrad region and Sakhalin Island.
Spokesman for the US State Department: The US State Department has condemned Syria's recognition of the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk Peoples Republics. "The Assad regime's recognition of the so-called Luhansk and Donetsk 'People's Republics' shows the general isolation of the regime and President Putin. The wider international community does not support any attempt to divide the sovereign territory of Ukraine".
Russian Foreign Ministry: British Ambassador Deborah Bronnert has been summoned to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs over statements made by the country's leadership against Russian President Volodymyr Putin. On June 30, British Ambassador to Moscow D. Bronnert was summoned to the Russian Foreign Ministry. She was strongly protested in connection with the frankly boorish statements of the British leadership towards Russia, its leader, and official representatives of the authorities, as well as the Russian people.
State Border Committee of Belarus: Belarus introduces a visa-free regime for citizens of Poland from July 1. The innovation will be valid from 00:00 July 1 to December 31 inclusive.
Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation: From July 1 to December 31, the Government of the Russian Federation has limited the export of feed amino acids, rice and rice cereals from Russia.
Foreign Ministry: Ukraine calls on the states of the Caspian region to make every effort to force the Russian Federation to adhere to its international legal obligations, in particular the Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea
● Paragraph 2 of Article 3 of the convention provides "" for the use of the Caspian Sea for peaceful purposes, turning it into a zone of peace, good-neighborliness and cooperation, the solution of all issues related to the Caspian Sea by peaceful means.
During the Caspian summit in Turkmenistan, Vladimir Putin was not met at the plane. The rest of the participants were greeted with bread and salt and flowers.
Lukashenko, at a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov, called on Moscow to 'be ready" to use nuclear weapons.
BFMTV: Russia's withdrawal from Snake Island shows that it is impossible to subjugate Ukraine, British Prime Minister.
Macron said that the French weapons that are supplied to Ukraine should not be used for strikes against Russia. "We will continue to arm and train within the existing operational framework: never attack the territory of the Russian Federation, but help protect the territory of Ukraine and support its army," the French President said at a press conference following the NATO summit in Madrid.
The European Court of Human Rights demanded from Russia to ensure non-execution of the death sentence to Britons Sean Pinner and Aiden Eslin in the so-called "DNR". The demand is made within the framework of the adoption of so-called temporary measures, which the court can apply in the event of the risk of causing irreparable harm to the participants in the proceedings.
NATO Secretary General: The protocol on the accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO will be signed on Tuesday, July 5
● NATO will help Ukraine to switch to weapons of the Alliance standard
● The next NATO summit will be held in Lithuania in 2023
● NATO sets itself the task of not allowing a direct collision with Russia, as its damage will be incomparable to what is happening in Ukraine
The US Embassy in Moscow raised the LGBT flag over the "DPR Square" (that's how the previously nameless square where the embassy is located was called recently). The British Embassy took over the Americans' baton and hung out the LGBT flag near its diplomatic mission in Russia.
BBC: British Foreign Minister - Completely ousting Russian troops from Ukraine is a very realistic goal
CNN: Lithuanians en masse join the border militia, fearing a Russian invasion. The TV channel reports that at present the militia (an analogue of the territorial defense of Ukraine) of the Baltic Republic consists of 12,000 people.
Deputy head of the Security Council of the Russian Federation: Questioned the possibility of lawsuits against Russia, given its nuclear potential. "Do they really, these states and individual politicians, believe in the possibility of criminal tribunes against the country with the largest nuclear potential?" – he says at the meeting of the X St. Petersburg International Legal Forum.
● Medvedev: A ban on transit to Kaliningrad is a threat to the Russian Federation, we must respond.
● Medvedev on Russia's withdrawal from the Council of Europe:
○ “We left this strange institution with relief. The question arises what they will do without us. I don’t know. We remain the largest European country and we will not go anywhere. Where to discuss the new configuration of the security system in Europe now?”
The Russian publication "Proekt" investigated about 200 briefings of the Russian Defense Ministry from February 24 to June 26 - there is more "destroyed" equipment in the statements than could be in Ukraine, even considering supplies from the West.
● The representative of the department, Ihor Konashenkov, talks about the "successes" of the Russian army every day. The journalists got the impression that he was taking data from the air - Konashenkov reported that the Russians "captured" the same villages several times.
Poland has completed the construction of a 5 meters high wall along the border with Belarus. 49 thousand tons of steel were used for the construction of this border facility. There are 2,500 surveillance cameras installed on the wall.
Prime Minister of Ukraine: The export of Ukrainian electricity to Europe began tonight. From 01:00 (GMT+3) such exports went towards Romania. The initial volume is 100 MW. The export potential of Ukrainian electricity to Europe is up to 2.5 GW. Under this scenario, the state will be able to receive more than UAH 70 billion (about $2.35 billion) a year.
Västerbottens-Kuriren: Defense Minister - The Swedish government is preparing to agree on a fifth military aid package for Ukraine. The SEK 500 million package (about $48.7 million) includes anti-tank weapons, machine guns and demining equipment.
Telegram channel 'Russian Borsch: Rosstat (Russian statistics) stated the strongest collapse in real salaries of Russians in 7 years. Thus, the war with Ukraine, the sanctions of the West and the acceleration of inflation hit the pockets of 72 million working citizens of the Russian Federation. The real wages of Russians fell by 7.2% in April. Such a drop was the second largest in 22 years of available statistics: Russians who work harder became poorer only in 2015, after the annexation of Crimea.
Kyiv Regional Council: The French region of Ile-de-France will help restore the Kyiv region," Oleksiy Kuleba said. The corresponding memorandum was signed by the head of the humanitarian direction of the Kyiv region Oleksiy Kuleba and the head of the regional council of the French region Valerie Pecresse.
Air Force Command: Ukraine needs advanced missile defense systems to resist attacks on Ukrainian cities. Now the Ukrainian defense is more anti-aircraft - against fixed winged and rotary winged aircraft but not missiles. He explains that high-speed X-22 missiles, with which Russia hit the mall in Kremenchuk, are fired far away from Ukraine, so enemy aircraft do not enter the range of the air defense systems. After launch, the AFU has minutes to process the information, but as a rule anti-air defense systems can shoot down the X-22 extremely rarely.
National Security and Defense Council: Western aid is still not enough to establish parity with the Russians in heavy weapons.
● A meeting of the Headquarters of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief took place today, the situation was discussed along the entire front. The most difficult situations are in Lysychansk and Izyum.
● Our heavy artillery knocked out the Russian troops from Zmiiinyi. This is a strategically important facility for us, from there the Russians monitored the Odesa region and Transnistria.
The former commander of the Azov regiment, Maksym Zhorin, spoke about the difficulties of returning our fighters. When exchanging prisoners, the Russian side is only interested in Kadyrov's men, officers and pilots.
● 99% of the Azov fighters released from captivity returned without arms or legs. Some defenders do not hear or see.
Ukrainian boxer Oleksandr Usyk spoke about the war in Ukraine. “The Russian Federation is bombing my country, destroying peaceful homes where people live. No military infrastructure, but cities, shopping centers, hospitals,” said the Ukrainian boxer.
Ukrainian Wind Energy Association: Ukraine has lost 5 wind turbines due to the occupation of part of its territories by the Russian military. Among them is one Sivashenergoprom turbine, which was shot. Four more VindKraft turbines are damaged. Unfortunately, our specialists cannot enter the territory because shelling is underway, or they are not allowed there.
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba discussed Russian strikes from the Caspian Sea with Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian. Kuleba stressed that the Russian Federation is violating the Convention on the Status of the Caspian Sea.
Bloomberg: Ukraine is exploring the possibility of debt restructuring amid limited sources of budget financing in the context of the war, but a decision is not expected until the end of the summer.
Operational information from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine* :
● In the Kharkiv direction, the military of the Russian Federation are defending previously occupied positions. Air strikes are carried out near Prudianka and Odnorobivka and missile strikes on the city of Kharkiv.
● In the Sloviansk direction, the Russian units are regrouping. The assault in the direction of Dovhenke - Mazanivka was successfully repulsed by the Ukrainian military.
● The Russian Federation did not conduct active actions in the Kramatorsk direction. Inflicted an airstrike around the village of Tetianivka.
● In the Lysychansk direction, Russian soldiers are shelling the positions of Ukrainian troops near the city of Lysychansk. They conduct assault operations around the Lysychansk oil refinery, have partial success, contain the northwestern and southeastern parts of the plant.
● In the Bakhmut direction, the enemy launched a missile and air strike in the area of the settlement of Soledar.
● In the Avdiivka, Kurakhivske, Novopavlivsk and Zaporizhzhia directions, the enemy fired on positions with cannon and missile artillery along the line of contact.
Kyiv City Council: There is a plan to create tailored military uniforms for women in Kyiv. The launch of the first production is planned as part of the Arm Women Now project. Currently, more than 50 thousand women serve in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, 3,500 of which are senior officers.
The State Bureau of Investigation: Announced that they had sent to court a case against ex-president Viktor Yanukovych and his head of security Konstantin Kobzar. They are accused of inciting and committing desertion, as well as illegal transfer of persons across the state border of Ukraine.
The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry announced the severance of diplomatic relations with Syria without severing consular relations, in response to the recognition of the "DNR" and "LNR".* Ukraine will also impose a trade embargo and other sanctions against Syria.
General Staff of the Armed Forces: The Armed Forces of Ukraine are planning to establish direct physical control over Zmiinyi Island. According to him, now Ukraine controls the island with the help of weapons: long-range artillery, missile troops and aviation.
Lviv City Council banned the activities of the UOC of the Moscow Patriarchate, as well as the unregistered religious group "Dognalits.” As far as I’m concerned, the ban should cover all of Ukraine, and include freezing bank accounts and the confiscation of property.
State Security Service: Intercepted conversations: Russians pay $20,000 in bribes to escape from the war. That's how much documents about the" "demobilization"" of a serviceman from the Russian army and return home cost.
● The SSU announced the arrest of the corporate rights of one of the largest travel agencies in Ukraine. As specified in the special service, the ultimate beneficiary of this company is a Russian billionaire close to the political top of the Russian Federation, who is called the "Iron Boy". Russian mass media calls Russian businessman Alexei Mordashov an "iron boy". It can be concluded that the assets of the tourist company TUI, to which he is directly related, were seized.
Suspilnе: A Russian tank operator, Mikhail Kulikov, on trial for shelling a residential building in Chernihiv on February 26, pleaded guilty at today's court hearing. Kulikov faces 8 to 12 years in prison.
Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valerii Zaluzhnyi showed how the military drove the Russians out of Zmiinyi (Snake) Island. "Unable to withstand the fire of our artillery, missile and air strikes, the invaders left the island. I thank the defenders of the Odesa region,” – he says.
Friday, July 01, 2022
Rescuers found 28 fragments of bodies during the debris removal of the missile strike on the Mall in Kremenchuk. Thus, as of the morning of 1 July, 18 bodies and 28 body fragments had been found. Now rescuers and utilities have dismantled 85% of the rubble of the shopping centre - the State Emergency Service of Ukraine reports.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Sumy police department: Sumy region was hit by mortars and machine guns. The Belopolsk and Novoslobodsk communities came under enemy fire. It is reported that there were no casualties or damage.
[ Friday, July 01, 2022 ]
National Police: In the last 24 hours, Russians destroyed more than 20 buildings in Kharkiv and the region. On June 30, the Industrial District of Kharkiv, the villages of the Sorokivka region, Kalynove, Malynivka, Andriivka, Pechenihy and Chkalovske villages were bombed.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Radio.Svoboda: In Kharkiv, they will not rename Pushkinskaya Street and the metro station of the same name. This was announced by the mayor of the city, Igor Terekhov, in a commentary today. At the same time, he said that the city plans to change about 400 names associated with Russia.
Severodonetsk Military Administration
● Russians are hunting for people who support Ukraine. Fortunately, the vast majority of them have already been evacuated;
● at the expense of the local population, the Russian troops are trying to replenish the ranks of the so-called «LNR army».:
● it is now impossible to restore the city’s infrastructure;
● there is no regular food supply to Sievierodonetsk city;
● people can leave the city to the occupied settlements and then get to the free territory of Ukraine;
Regional Military Administration- Russians are trying to surround Lysychansk. There are battles on the territory of the refinery
● Russians attack the Lysychansk oil refinery. They are destroying the house by house in the city, says the head of the Luhansk Administration
● The enemy is trying in vain to cordon off the Ukrainian military, attacking Lysychansk from the south and west. Russians can't seize the highway. Residents of Lysychansk are in basements and houses almost around the clock. Shelling of the city is very tight,"
● In addition, the Russians carried out assault operations in Topolivka and the northern part of Vovchoiarivka and Maloriazantseve; they partially succeeded, keeping under fire control the section of the road Topolivka - Lysychansk.
● At the same time, Ukrainian soldiers stopped the offensive of the Russian troops in the direction of Loskutivka - the Lysychansk gelatin plant and forced them to withdraw.
● The Russians have appointed a "head" in Severodonetsk, who has 9 grades of education. The infrastructure in the regional centre will not be restored by the Russians, because they have smashed it to the ground
● Russian soldiers are planning to encircle Lysychansk, the Luhansk region, but the Ukrainian military is in control of the situation and is preventing the occupiers from realizing their goals
● information that Lysychansk is supposedly already surrounded, which is being spread by Russian propagandists, is false
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Explosions in the city of Stakhanov, Luhansk region, which is now part of the so-called "LNR." Stakhanov is the site of a large manufacturer of carbon black, owned by Ukrainian oligarch Konstantin Zhivago.
Advisor of the Mayor of Mariupol: A new mass grave was discovered in Mariupol, in which more than a hundred people were buried, who died at the end of February. But there is no question of reburial. People continue to live in the crypts. "The exhumation has practically been stopped. The occupation authorities were so keen to create a “picture of reconstruction” that they did not have time for the reburial. Temporary street graves are gradually becoming permanent.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Advisor of the Mayor of Mariupol: There is a critical situation in Mariupol with the resumption of the heating system. Citizens will be deprived of heat in winter. He learned from his own sources that central heating will not be restored in Mariupol, because it is impossible to restore boiler houses and connect gas there.
● According to him, the premises of schools and kindergartens (assembly and sports halls) are being prepared for Mariupol residents. Bunk beds and heating with heat guns will be installed. There are no plans to equip hot meals, field kitchens or places for cooking outside the street.
● In the temporarily occupied Mariupol, from July 1, the Russians will begin seizing the property of businessmen who do not have registration in the Russian Federation or the so-called "DNR"
Head of the "DPR" Denis Pushilin said that the "LPR" troops, as well as the Donetsk units sent there, will be transferred to the "DPR".
● Negotiations are underway on a new exchange of prisoners with Ukraine, we will do everything so that everyone returns home, – the so-called head of the "DPR" Denys Pushylin says.
Donetsk regional prosecutor's office: Russians shelled 11 settlements in the Donetsk region. As a result of the Russian attacks, two civilians were killed, eight more were injured, among them a 5mayor -year-old child
Mayor: Slavyansk is restless - there was another shelling. Two "arrivals" of cluster shells were recorded. Six wounded
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov reports that the educational institutions of the city, which is under the control of the Russian Federation, have been re-registered in Zaporizhia. "All graduates of Melitopol schools, universities, colleges, colleges and other educational institutions will receive Ukrainian-style education documents," the mayor said.
● The Russians want to launch a passenger train from the captured Melitopol, the Zaporizhzhia region, to the Crimea
● According to him, the train is planned to be launched from July 1. In this way, the Russians want to protect military equipment that is transported by rail.
● The launch of trains from Crimea to Kherson and Melitopol, scheduled for July 1, is postponed, the head of Crimea Aksyonov said
● Russian-occupied Melitopol, will be left without gas in one or two days. According to Fedorov, the gas pipeline was damaged during the hostilities. This will have a catastrophic impact on both the domestic sector and industry, in particular, food.
As stated earlier, when the war is over Federov may be some to watch in a new Ukrainian political landscape.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Operational Command Pivden (South): In the Kherson region, the Russians completely destroyed or destroyed every second house. The RF Armed Forces smashed roads, bridges and mined the hills and the coast of the Ingulets River.
Kherson City Council: Ukrposhta stopped working in the occupied part of the Kherson region. At a meeting of the labor collective, it was announced that Ukrposhta would no longer work in the occupied territories in the Kherson region. The resumption of work is possible only under the Ukrainian authorities,"" - a company representative commented on the situation.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces liberated the village of Potemkino in the Kherson Region from the Russians. Fighters of the 60th separate infantry brigade conducted a successful offensive, during which they repelled several enemy counterattacks and destroyed Russian IFVs, tanks and the Tiger armored car.
Regional Military Administration: Russians shelled the Nikopol district from the Light Artillery Rocket System. Previously, there were no casualties.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Regional Military Administration: As a result of today's shelling of Zelenodolsk and Velyka Kostromka in the Dnipropetrovsk region, a warehouse, more than a dozen pieces of agricultural equipment, a non-residential building in a dacha community and five beehives were destroyed.
Regional Military Administration: In the morning, the air defence shot down the Russian missile in the Mykolaiv region. A powerful explosion occurred in the Pervomaisk district at 5:20 a.m... The air defence system activated, and the hit missile fell on the borders of the Kirovohrad region. We are searching for the place of the fall"
Mykolaiv Mayor Olexandr Sienkevych says that yesterday at 10:55 p.m., under the rubble of a house where a Russian missile hit, rescuers of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine found the body of a man. It was in the stairwell. Thus, at present, eight people are dead and six wounded. Debris removal work is continuing.
From under the rubble of a house in Mykolaiv, which was hit by a Russian missile on June 29, rescuers removed another body. Currently, 8 dead and 6 injured are known.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
During the search and analysis of the structures of the destroyed five-story building in Mykolaiv, rescuers discovered the body of a woman. Thus, as of now, there are already 7 dead and 6 injured, according to the State Emergency Service of Ukraine.
State Emergency Service: In Serhiivka in the Odesa region, the death toll has increased as a result of a Russian strike on a residential building. Currently, it is already known about 19 dead and 38 injured, six of whom are children.
Three rockets hit a nine-story building and a recreation base. The outer wall of the apartment building and the ceiling from the 1st to the 9th floor was destroyed. Two floors of the residential building were damaged at the recreation centre.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Operational Command Pivden (South): The Russians destroyed their equipment, documents, and property during the retreat from Zmiinnyi Island. The Operational command notes that the Russians could mine the terrain, berth and surrounding waters during their retreat. On Zmiinnyi island the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the Russian Tor missile system, one of the small boats, a diesel generator trailer, a radar station and a field ammunition depot.
● Russians fired three missiles on the Odesa region. As a result of a night missile attack by Tu-22 strategic aircraft on the Odesa region, three X-22 missiles hit a multi-apartment house and two recreation bases.
● The third Russian missile hit another recreation base in the Odesa region
● One rocket hit a 9-story residential building, the second hit a recreation center in the Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky district.
After the liberation of the Zmiinyi (Snake) Island, the Russian Federation will no longer be able to protect its ships”, – Natalia Humeniuk, the head of the joint coordination press centre of the defense forces of southern Ukraine says.
● Firstly, the withdrawal of Russian troops from Zmiinyi means the liberation of our territories. In a global military sense, the air defense systems that they deployed to protect their ships in the northwestern part of the Black Sea will no longer work. That is, their ships become more vulnerable. This is the loss of positions for them, the loss of protection, as well as the historical possession of the sea and sky, as they declared"", – she says.
The speaker of the Odesa Regional Military Administration Serhii Bratchuk, citing the Russian media, said that a Russian landing boat of project 1176 "Shark" of the Black Sea Fleet VD-106 was blown up by a mine near Mariupol.
Within two weeks, pyrotechnicians are planning to clear the area around the village of Starye Sparrows, Malinsky community, Zhytomyr region. During this period, twelve and a half hectares should be surveyed, - said Oleh Derzhanovsky, Deputy Head of the Main Directorate of the State Emergency Service in the Zhytomyr Region.
Comparing Soviet invasion of Afghanistan to Russian invasion of Ukraine using Wikipedia and Ukraine Ministry of Defense Daily Bulletins. Soviet and Russian military losses not including captured equipment.